Adapting pain science education across the lifespan
We are super excited to welcome Dr Hayley Leake to Le Pub.
Young , old, or in-between, people challenged by chronic pain express a desire to understand what is going on. Pain education provides a space to explore their questions, and Hayley has been researching ways to optimise the content and delivery of pain education.
Hayley will be sharing:
- An overview of the impact of chronic pain across the lifespan – from adolescence, to young adults, and into older adulthood
- Which pain education concepts do experts suggest we should teach adolescents with chronic pain?
- Results from a co-design project with adolescents with chronic pain, adapting pain education concepts to social media
- An exploration into how young adults make sense of the biology of chronic pain
- What do adults who have recovered from chronic pain value learning about pain science?